Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'll use my smart phone ...

... to answer that. Goering.

Btw, I contend it was Hitler's breaking of the Hitler-Stalin Pact, so I would be in agreeance with Titus. No Russian invasion means no Eastern Front whatsoever. No way Stalin permits us across from Alaska to open it up on our own either. He would have been content to watch us attempt a one front European conflict. How much tougher is that Atlantic Wall if there's not single German trooper East of Minsk? I'll venture another theory - if Hitler conspires with Japan NOT to attack the US until all of Europe, including the UK, falls, at what point do we enter? What does our battle plan look like with no viable Allies? Is it that much of a stretch to say Pearl costs the Axis the war? Without it we might have been comparable spectators until Germany owns every square mile of Europe. At any rate, I don't think its the Poland invasion. I see what you're saying, but I think there are too many poor choices by German civilian leadership between 39' & D-Day to blanketly say they lost before they started. At the very least, if there is no Russisn front &/or no Pearl, we're talking a war that extends well beyond 1945, despite our industrial capacity.

No comments: