Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I want a smart phone that posts to the BUND!

I know we had this thread before. But several of my perspectives have changed since that thread, the first of which I believe was the direct e mail bund list way way back in 03.

When EXACTLY did Hitler lose the war?

Titus says 22 June, 1941, when Germany invades Russia. For a long time I felt the same way. But afterwards my opinion changed to 29 Sept, 1939. I felt that the industrial might of the Allies could never be overcome by the Axis. Germany had NO CHANCE at beating the Soviets on any scale.

But then there's more digging and more thought and reflection.

Titus makes a valid and old argument that had the military command in Germany been allowed to fight the war without interference, Germany would have fared much much better than it did. The same argument can and has been made for the Soviets and Stalin.

In this old argument let me ask a new question. Who was it exactly that redirected the Luftwaffe attacks during the Battle of Britain from the airfields to the cities?

No comments: