Friday, March 12, 2010

Couldn't resist, could you?

Ripping into Coulter again ...

Yes, I'm aware of this tragic outcome regarding DDT. It is a classic, if not THE most glaring, case of "environmentalism" beating back advances in the human condition. It reminds me of the movie, Silkwood. Arguably Meryl Streep's aggressive shower scene did more to prevent the construction of nuclear power plants in the US then the various environmentalist movements, combined.

And while we're at it, since you brought up "Treason", I will note that I had many an argument regarding the invalidity of man made global warming in threads that predate the Bund by years, complete with charts, graphs, cited sources, and a dose of common sense (after all, why various ice ages that predate the SUV?). In fact in arguments that predate the email thread that hearken back to the back dock with the Gulf Coast lapping beneath our feet. I saw it as a radical, nonsensical, anti capitalist, anti progress, "watermelon" (green on the outside red on the inside) movement long before the polling data swung in my favor or Al Gore's snake oil salesmen shtick hit the main stream. Now if I could just remember with WHOM I was arguing? Hmmmm.

No comments: