Saturday, March 13, 2010

I apologize

for the pissy tone my texts had. I sent a text to Ryan after my thirteen page rant but evidently it got lost in the counter rant so I'll repeat it here. It was not my intent to come across as pissy and I am sorry.

That being said...

Comparing accidental benefits from the Obama policy to history proven World War winning benefits of New Deal is not possible. There is nothing Obama can or will do in the remaining time he has in office that can compare to the infrastructure FDR created from '32 to '40. At the end of the day, when Obama has spent his trillions, what do the American people have to show for it? Debt. At the end of the day what did FDR have to show? Bridges, dams, roads, rail lines, and numerous other things that brought measurable and specific benefits to the American people.

Does the progressive template that FDR creates open the Pandora's Box of big government that haunts us now? I do not know and I'm not fighting that fight right now. Jefferson, Washington and Adams left their Pandora's Box called slavery open to be cleaned up by later presidents, yet they are on the top five. Lincoln left his open Pandora's Box called Reconstruction to his successors (albiet involuntarily) yet ranks in the top five.

It is my position that without the infrastructure, the bridges, roads, new rail lines, refineries, dams, power plants, what have you, that New Deal helped create, we do not win the war. It is also my position that had a conservative president, Hoover, a vowed isolationist, been president during the same time frame, we don't win the war. Perhaps the republican party could have put someone else in office instead of Hoover, who knows.

It is obvious Ryan doesn't agree, and that's fine. If the progressive ideology is too bitter a pill to swallow, I understand that. Ray voted against FDR four times and slept very comfortable at night.

No comments: