Friday, March 19, 2010

Wow... they are really going to do this...

I tried like hell to find a link to the Health Insurance Reform Bill, which I had read was now available online finally, but it isn't the BILL... it is a list of the AMENDMENTS that the House will be voting on in the first half of the reconciliation process that will begin this weekend.

The original Bill is more than 2,700 pages... and the list of amendments to HR 3200 (found HERE) is 1,017 pages. I haven't managed to make out heads nor tails of anything of value in the latter, and I still haven't seen the former.

With this one move, Pelosi will have locked herself into the single most divisive era of Congressional politics that I, for one, can recall. If she thought the partisan efforts to stop judicial appointments was bad... watch what happens now that she has implemented the means to circumvent the entire Congressional voting procedure.

With the polls showing opposition to the reform and the procedure used to get it passed now at more than 72% of mainstream America... I really can't imagine that she thinks passage of this will actually HELP any Democrat's chances of reelection in November. I am truly beginning to suspect that there is an ulterior agenda at work here, and that the Congressional leadership is intentionally ignoring the loud and clear message coming for the public.

No comments: