Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Picking scabs

This is just a thought.

I was having a conversation with my oldest on Monday. She has a friend in her 7th grade class that's Jewish, and another friend, I guess a military kid, born in Germany. She was asking about the Holocaust and how anything like that could ever happen. So in my kind of wordy explanation I gave her a brief rundown of European anti-semitism and post Treaty of Versailles Germany. And while painting the picture of Hitler's use of the Jews as a tool for the consolidation of power it struck me.

Sharpton, Jackson, that reverend Obama hung out with... Same tool.

And NOT just anti-semitism. Here you have a charismatic individual using inflammatory rhetoric to: 1) Tell the congregation/population that THEY are not to blame, THEY are the victims of injustice, THEY are not responsible, and 2)Who is to blame for their current lot in life.

No where in any of these speeches is there a pro-active plan on FIXING these perceived injustices. Just, "You're the victim, they are to blame, I'm your champion."

You'd think those speeches, after 40+ years, would get old. Don't you think the population, after a while, would demand RESULTS?

No comments: