Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day off...

My second in 23 days... and the damn thing is almost over??? Ouch.

Well, I got most of the grass cut, cooked dinner, cleaned the kitchen, swam with Jacob (that alone nearly exhausted me), and ran errands. Tomorrow its back to the grind at the joint. {sigh}

It's a good job, don't get me wrong. My bosses are real laid-back and cool, there is ZERO sweating of the money, and for as backwards as PA is running the gaming regulations... we don't count down for shifts, we don't track checks (outside of traditional float counts), and we don't track drop other than what is rated in the computers (yep, you heard that right... we DON'T TRACK DROP). It just gets really long when you are facing 9 and 10 hour days in 7 to 10 day stretches with only one day off. I'm one of the few that has ALL the games, so I'm scheduled everywhere from craps to poker on any given day.

My evening is going to be quiet and smooth, though... even Liz is promising a smooth night. I'm thinking Netflix on the Wii (which means serious couch time), popcorn and/or brownies (have to get the kids on that... pronto), and as much liquid refreshment that I can manage.

'Nite all...

No comments: