Saturday, August 28, 2010

Why does this trouble you so?

Need all Conservatives agree on theology in order to be hitched to the same political wagon? Levine doesn't even believe Christ to be the Son of God. Need I differentiate "my conservatism" from his, based on that, in each political engagement so as to make sure I haven't indirectly endorsed "heresy?" I dare say that there are aspects of Mormonism that make your toes curl, yet you would pull the lever for Romney, no? My point is that political ideological allies need not agree on every, or even fundamental, aspects of theology in order to stand together against what they agree is bad.

Personally, I believe that we are born fundamentally good ... but also fundamentally weak. And only in God's redemption do we find the strength to embrace and live within our inherint goodness.

No comments: