Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good post man ...

You know if you think about it, Katrina gained you your new wife (& family). If I remember correctly, standing in your living room about 3 months post storm, you were telling me that a past high school crush named Liz had contacted you (I think for a high school reunion, or perhaps just checking on folks she knew, & that were affected by Katrina). In any event in your return commincae' you noted to her that in the storm you'd lost your employer, furniture, home & wife. I remember looking at Jambo saying, "she thinks Robin is dead!" Now THERE'S a way to pull sympathy out of an ol' high school babe, let me tell you! At any rate, even though that misperception was quickly corrected, I doubt you would have been as open to the idea of restarting your life in NEPA if Katrina hadn't effectively ended (in every material way) the one you were living in South Mississippi. Who would of guessed that when you were puking your guts out?!

5 years on I must say that I am better off then that day as well. In the interim my wife left me ... which was painful. Then she came back to me ... which was excruciating. But my sons are healthy, legally mine, & I spend nearly every day with them. And I know myself, much, much better.

And P.S.> this very blog is a result of the storm as well ...

No comments: