Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oh, & on the Cult of Me (not "the me generation") ...

... as you lazily wrote.

The author is right, you are wrong, as you didnt bother to check the age brackets of those serving as heads of govt, business, and principally in charge of of these programs and named social problems at their inception. In fact, you ignored entirely the social (read: moral) effect of that generation.

Bottom line: he never said Baby Boomers were the ONLY culprits, or ALL boomers were at fault. He simply was noting (& accurately so) that generation as the demarcation line.

Like I said, he's right. You're wrong.

1 comment:

Titus said...

Wow... testy today, huh?

Carter was a "baby boomer"? Johnson? FDR himself? I thought these were the culprits tht brought about the problems and issues you so blame America's troubles on? I had thought I recalled you saying Obama was following THEIR lead... are we now blaming his upbringing and time-of-birth as the reason behind his unreasonable thought process?

I know you didn't write the column... but you seem to think its accurate. I just wanted to clarify where you laid the blame, that's all.