Saturday, August 14, 2010

On the 14th Amendment...

Of all the talk radio I listen to in a week (and I listen a lot), the voice that most advocates repeal of the 14th is Mike Church (moved to early morning on my satellite radio because of Glenn Beck). I can't say I ever heard Hannity, Levin, Beck or any of the others making the same call... not even Wilkow (who also seems to lean pretty far into the "libertarian" camp).

Again, I think that Graham picked this up because it had become something of a talking point with the "Tea Party" movement, more than it had become a key point with American conservatives. To the best of my knowledge, no other conservative member of government has brought the topic up, including both Paul's, Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindal, Huckabee, Romney, Palin, or anyone else.

As Ryan said, it could be repealed and have ZERO effect on illegal immigration into this nation, so why discuss it further? I'll tell you why... because it makes the conservative movement look racist, that's why. They are spinning this thing to make those that aren't supporting Obama's policies look like absolute bigots and anti-immigrant, which is typically NEVER the case.

This leads me to my next point... Mike Malloy. He has a talk radio show on late nite on another of my satellite channels, and the man is the most bigoted, intolerant, hateful person I have heard on broadcast anything in my entire life. Here is one of the "Left's" leading voices (according to himself), and he can't complete a sentence that doesn't refer to conservatives as "tea baggers", "retards", "idiots" and other such endearing terms. He also thanked God (surprising, since he's a professed atheist) that Cheney's prognosis for recovery from his latest health issues was looking so grim. If that doesn't simply PROVE that the man is hateful, I don't know what does. There is no understanding or concept of compassion, charity, or simple tact within this man. Yet he is supposed to convince me of the "moral" truth to be found in liberalism and progressive political thinking? Please...

Nothing has shown me the proof of the liberal position in this nation more than Mike Malloy. It is based upon and fully embraces every nuance of hate, bigotry and divisive action that can possibly be employed in a talk radio segment, each and every nite I have to hear him. Truly scary, my friends...

There could be no better counter to the claims and accusation of the Left against the conservative movement than to quote Malloy at every opportunity. He refutes every position that liberalism claims to hold with every invective he makes against conservatives and Republicans, on every show he broadcasts. Why isn't this being done?

No comments: