Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm not even going to try...

I quit reading you post halfway through (I think). Seemed utterly useless to continue, since nothing I wrote was read or understood by you anyway, either.

I was DEFENDING Beck, not criticizing him. Yes, I said I was disappointed in his show lately... because he was "ambiguous" in his use of terminology, not because of the content of his message. I applaud his faith, and his ability to apply it to his chosen profession so adeptly. Personally, I do think he lays it on a bit think, at times... but its HIS show, and he can do with it what he wishes. I still listen, if you hadn't noticed...

My entire point was that we don't NEED the government to take care of the poor, the indigent, the elderly, and the incapable... We, the People, do a much better job of it through our charitable works than any government could hope to do anyway (thus, my Katrina analogy, which you either didn't read or didn't grasp).

I am perfectly aware that I am a conservative, in almost every sense of the word, and that is why I listen to conservative radio... it is not the message I am arguing with, but the manner in which it is routinely presented. Limbaugh, Hannity and the bulk of conservative pundits do what they do for ratings (I dare anyone to listen to Hannity and tell me that isn't true). Beck has a better presentation most of the time... but when he deviates from what I think is the most effective (or most efficient) means to gain the end we all want to see gained, I'm going to raise my voice as loud as I like. That, my friend, is my God given right... as understood and defended by the entire conservative movement.

Not everything I say is critical, confrontational or anti-conservative... and the only one in THIS group that needs to start putting aside preconceived notions and stereotypes, that I am aware of, is you, my friend.

No comments: