Monday, August 23, 2010

Gene, I beseech thee!!!

I'm curious, is there any real chance that he would change Party affiliations? The problem he has (& in a small defense of your coworkers) is a vote for him is tantamount to a vote for PelosI as Speaker,and it would be a shame to sacrifice a guy like Taylor at the alter of a loon like Pelosi - your sh*t splash you mentioned. Undoubtedly he's mulled this over, & I think the time has come. But not for partisan reasons, nor mere political survival, but for the good of South MS, and here is why: given his seniority (maintaining it could be a condition of his swap) & natural talents - bright, fairly articulate, good looks - he has a legitimite shot at rising to a leadership position within the GOP. A shot that even were he to surpass Sttom Thurman's tenure is non existent in the Democrat Party. What kind of dividends would a Majority Whip Taylor reap for Gulf Coast?

So on behalf of my once & future home, I offer the phrase my ex wife coined for mankind: if you love us you will change!

No comments: