Saturday, February 5, 2011

At least I'm employed, right?

This economy sucks as far as I'm concerned.

Today, I did my eight hours plus two hour commute (costing me my first 45 minutes of pay in fuel costs, by the way), only to find out as I pulled into the house that we were out of fuel oil for the furnace.

Saturday night, rain turning to sleet and snow, temps dropping fast... and we're out of fuel oil until Monday morning at the very earliest. So, I change out of my suit and make the trek to the gas station to buy oil in five-gallon jugs until the fuel truck can deliver our (undoubtedly) minimum delivery of 100 gallons of fuel at a price tag that will be at least $3.30 per gallon. Since I only have two jugs, I'll have to do the same thing tomorrow, too.

We are slowly but surely going broke at a rate of about $300 a month. Liz (my wife) is taking out an ad to say she'll sit kids during the day for $100 a week, and if she can get commitments on four kids, that should keep us afloat... but its still a big IF.

I am not asking for hand-outs from anyone, let alone the GOVERNMENT... but if you really wanted to see me turn my economic siutation around as someone earning roughly $42k per year, then CUT MY FRIGGING TAXES SO I CAN SAVE SOME FRIGGING MONEY! I was promised a TAX CUT if I made less than $250,000 last year... right? Isn't that the mantra we heard again and again from Obama, both BEFORE he was elected and AFTER he was elected?

For the tax year 2009, we paid $2,121 in Federal income taxes (after all was said and done)... 2010? $2,699!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We made LESS and are paying MORE! How is this possible????

How is this a TAX CUT? That $578 ADDITIONAL dollars I'm paying would give me nearly 200 gallons of fuel oil at current prices, and my bitch session would be over far faster... but instead, I'm not only not going to get an answer to my question from any sitting Democrats in the White House, I'm not even going to get a good answer from any liberal that supports this Administration and its policies. This isn't a matter of my not managing to do my taxes correctly, either... this is the rock bottom that has to be paid. Christ Himself couldn't squeeze another nickle out of this return, if He chose to try.

I'd really, really love to see just how many Americans actually experience a "tax cut" this year... because I can tell you I am NOT one of them, and I blame NO ONE but the President of the United States and the lousy Congress that has been sitting in the Capital Building since 2006.

God this sucks.

No comments: