Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I was 4 years old ...

But even I am familiar with the Miracle on Ice. Tragically Ive only born witness to all the highlights (in truth the entire thing was a highlight). I am also familiar with the national impact. Reagan's morning in America probably started there, before he was even president - national pride & hope realized in a single afternoon after 4 years of demoralizing malaise.

Two quick things - I published a comment under Jambo's Spartacus post, & the author claims Lucy Lawless will return for season II.

Second, Gov Kasich of Ohio (part of the fiscal hawk class elected in 2010, & former Contract with America alum) realized Walker's error & has proposed a bill that in fact eliminates ALL collective bargaining for state employees, cops & all. Im even more convinced then when I wrote it a few days ago. These union protests will turn one or more of these governors into rock stars ... just in time for 2012.

Alright,. Im off to read George Will ... better get my baseball analogy thesaurus ready, hehe.

No comments: