Monday, February 7, 2011

No Nutler Cutler

No wonder we argue so much, I'm a Bears fan!

My dad is from Illinois, lives there to this day. I grew up doing the Super Bowl Shuffle and expecting Bulls to win championships as a matter of course. And as you know, Illinois natives take a blood oath to oppose all things Packers - my father won't even eat cheese from the cheddar-head state!

Funny enough these two teams, which represent one of the most recognizable rivalries in sports, have only met twice in the post season. It's Super Bowl appearances they battle for - the Pack is at #1 with 12 (choke, gag, spit), & the Bears are in 2nd with 9 (although Steel City still has more rings then either of us, ugggh).

At least your quarterback didn't opt to spend the second half of the conference championship as a spectator. Favre could of emerged from the Egyptian riots ready to play, but my guy gets a "soar knee" and its quits. Urlacher and the rest can say they don't doubt his resolve and that the injury was legitimate all they want, but I saw Cutler's face during that half, and it had FMLA written all over it!!!

At any rate, congratulations are well deserved. Rogers will never have to answer another Favre question again (even the MS native never won Super Bowl MVP). Well done, you're world champs ... now I'm going back to hating you.

No comments: