Monday, November 22, 2010

The Great November Peace...

We really should start naming these moratoriums we keep having after our knock-down, drag-out, fisticuffs Bund-Brawls... something to mark the event by, you know what I mean?

Everyone knows the Treaty of Paris, or the Peace of Amiens, or the Good Friday Accords... what better way can we have to mark our "historic" moments of reconciliation and/or mutual understanding?

As regards the poster (could this be remembered as the First Poster War?), I will say this about my position within the entire debate:

I think it was in bad taste (the poster, not the debate).

I think the examples of anti-Obama posters I found were in bad taste.

I think all fit nicely in the realm of Free Speech, and none is more offensive than another (of these examples).

As regards the "questionable" title coined by Ryan:

I didn't give it another thought, past those that led me to make the comments already made. I've far thinker skin that that, and I know Ryan has a nasty temper that is rivaled only by my own (and only eclipsed by his ex-wife's). I was particularly amused by my own wife's opinion of the exchange, and think it a rather insightful look into where we all really are here at the Bund...

"You're all nerds that need to get lives."

Touche, Lizardo.

As regards Ryan's apology:

Unnecessary... now and in the future. I think I know you well enough after more than a decade to be able to tell when you are venting and when you are serious, even from the one-dimensional online environment that we almost exclusively utilize (the Bund). To put it poetically... "Your words are as the buzzing of flies to my EGO!"

In regards to Ryan's request:

I must confess that your observations concerning my using you as a "punching bag" are undoubtedly far more valid than I'd like to admit, and I will do my best to not allow myself to do that any more. I trust you understand that, upon reading your thoughts on this matter, I couldn't help relating to what you said you were feeling... meaning I can see myself feeling the same way about some of your more general assumptions and generalizations... so perhaps we can both agree to try harder to avoid "stereotyping" each other in the future?

So... what's next?

No comments: