Thursday, November 25, 2010

No, I see what you're saying...

I can't even bring myself to say I disagree with you... because "war" as I define it is (typically) something waged on a national level, and without the support of a "nation" it can't be fought or won.

I'm the one that wasn't clear. The Continental Congress didn't "represent" an electorate, and they certainly didn't represent the majority of the citizens of their various colonies. That being the case, were they a "government" as you would define them? Or, was the war for American independence legitimate without the participation of a "national" government? Or even without the support of the majority of people living within the colonies?

I'm curious, that's all. This isn't something we disagree on, anyway... keep that in mind.

No comments: