Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"The Troubles"

I assumed Jambo meant the era described above: 1970"s-80's (leave it to the Brits to refer to such a calamity of violence with such a subtle title). I say this because he made note of Jerry Adams' image adorning the joint, captured in background of that Bund picture in fact, when noting "a known terrorist was plastered all over the wall of that bar..." Unless Collins was there too, and if so I don't remember (little wonder why). In either event that was the era of IRA I was referencing when I noted they "did participate in terrorist attacks."

Maybe you're right about the bar tab ... in either event I'm opting to continue that complaint (he,he). Hell, it was the only quasi-complaint of the entire trip (outside of "Super John" repeatedly making my efforts to "pitch in" look pathetically anemic .... sheeesh guy, sit down next time, I'm on vacation over here!)

No comments: