Thursday, November 4, 2010

Querry ...

Now bare in mind, I voted for Gene in the past. And my reasoning was that knowing Dems would eventually take control again (historically speaking), I wanted reasonable, senior Democrats in place to serve as leaders & put a governor on the fringe. With the ascension of Pelosi, Taylor's aye vote for her, and the unwillingness of his Party to allow him a leadership position, my justification for voting Taylor dissapated. And I assume some version of that played out throughout his heavily Republican district, resulting in his loss. So, do you think South Mississippians were "wrong" for playing the big picture of defeating Pelosi's majority & sending DC such a strong, historic (literally), message?

And, baring all that in mind, would you have voted for Taylor this time?

By the way, on my historical Jackson reference - you have the unique ability to simultaneously compliment & slap down your sparring partners.

1 comment:

Titus said...

Honestly... my answer is probably NO.

As I said, the point you make about Taylor "lying in the bed he made" is perfetly valid, and membership in a Party that far from its roots and traditional positions (even going back only 30 years) is tantamount to support for that Party's leadership... meaning Pelosi and Reid.

My disappointment stems from the fact that I lived in Taylor's district for so long, and I haven't seen that level of "repersentation" before or since. Carney was a joke... and I had such high hopes for him, too... and Dave Obey wasn't any better (he only served longer).

We'll see what sort of leadership I get from my new Representative... then I can tell you better how the NEW GOP is shaping up.