Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Of all the secular holidays, this one is my favorite. I'm running around this morning (and spent the better part of yesterday) getting things ready for our big feast, and tensions and tempers are a bit high here in NEPA... but it is a good day.

It is also our oldest's birthday today. Happy Birthday to Katey Jean! I am very thankful for you being in my life, and I am very proud of the woman you've turned into. I hope you have a great day, my love!

We'll be having roast turkey (no deep frier this year... didn't get the oil and gas in time), potatoes, lots of casseroles, pies and crisps, wine and beer, a birthday cake for Katey, and we're hoping the weather doesn't get too bad. It feels more than cold enough to snow, but it is only calling for rain.

I hope everyone reading this has a great day, and that they are surrounded by their family and friends and all they are thankful for this year.

1 comment:

Baddboy said...

You too, we have the whole family coming over and I have one of my troops coming over to eat with us because her husband is attending SERE school in Washington and there is no reason anyone should have to eat a frozen dinner on a day meant to give thanks.

Have a great day and enjoy your time with the family.