Monday, November 15, 2010

This is what I love about Ryan...

Ryan's been pretty excited about this Russian woman he's been seeing... it is the subject of almost every text he's sent to me over the last week. Details, thoughts, impressions... even a photo of the lovely young woman pool-side.

Not living the exciting lifestyle that Ryan is, I'm off to bed pretty early every night... usually no later than 11 pm, circumstances permitting... so last night I missed his latest text.

Seems he needed a little "assist" from the old guys... he must have been looking for some smooth lines to use on this particularly attractive young woman, and he sent me a text at 11:45 pm asking... of all things:

"Need the years/dates of Napoleon's pre-Elba reign"

How's that for "pillow talk" huh? This girl's a keeper, my friend... most guys are thinking about what kind of wine goes with desert, or what would be a good movie to take the girl to on a Saturday night, or what kind of mix goes in a "cosmopolitan"... but not Ryan. Here's your assist, my friend:

Napoleon took control as Consul on 18 Bromaire (sp?) which was the French Revolutionary Republican calendar date for sometime in 1799 (don't know what the actual date was, though... I never memorized that "metric" calendar crap) and ruled until the coup of April, 1814, by Marshal Ney forced him to abdicate and take exile on Elba.

Hope its not too late to make a difference... hehe.

No comments: