Monday, November 15, 2010

ha!

I don't know what's funnier to me - that without hesitation you assumed the Napoleon question was in reference to the lovely Russian, or that your assumption was 100% correct.

Hehehe ... I guess I didn't think about it versus what guys typically "worry" about (wine, movies, etc), but I am extremely glad you did. Because it reminds me it's EXACTLY this type of dichotomy in a relationship that I've been seeking. One in which it is these type of questions/subjects that are routinely tossed around, versus say reality TV (which she dislikes immensely, much to my relief ... what is a "snookie", anyway?).

As to why specifically Mussier Bonaparte - she confided in me that she's "obsessed" (her adjective) with two historical figures: Napoleon and Hitler. Which makes perfect sense given it is these two which took the biggest stabs at invading/capturing her country of origin. And as I know a great deal about Hitler (& the battle of Stalingrad even), I decided brushing up on the Frenchman was wise. Not to mention, despite Napoleon's ruthless reputation I can make an inroad to romance (or at least romantic ideas) via Josephine, the brief reemergence after Elba, the Revolution itself even. Just TRY getting that on with Adolf Hitler! One doesn't see the Polish Ghettos leading to whispers of sweet nothings. Germany's ideas on Eugenics is more a post, post date discussion, if you get my meaning ...

No comments: