Monday, November 22, 2010

complete fantasy ...

I NEVER, NOT ONCE said I had "no problem" with Obama being portrayed as Chairman Mao. I dont even know what you're talking about. I never said it verbally, never wrote it here at the Bund and as far as I can recollect have never even seen such an image nor one involving Hitler. Either produce evidence to the contrary or retract it.

And by the way, I dont want the Che shirts "banned." I dont want to give government those types of powers. People have a right to be half wits ... as you are so aptly pointing out with this Mao-Obama accusation.

And fear not, this ties into a much larger post I'll make after work.

1 comment:

Titus said...

Again, in the interest of being fair and balanced (to use a famous catch-phrase)... I don't have a problem with the Maobama signs and tees. These fall under the protection of the First Amendment, and are not overtly racist or harmful.

If I can support the rights of those that want to make cartoons in Denmark of the Prophet and draw the wrath and ire of hundreds of thousands of Muslim radicals... then I can certainly support the creators of such designs for leftist leaders here in the US. If someone wants to use Indian leaders as examples of people fighting tyranny and injustice here in North America, then I feel that is just and fair, too... and comparing Red Cloud, Crazy Horse, et al, to the likes of the heroes that are fighting today to keep the US safe from harm and oppression is a perfectly valid thing to do.