Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

Let's hope its better than 2010.

We were busy, too... and we're a small house. Like I've said, we have less than 60 tables (including poker) and pretty low limits on the main floor. A $100/game has a $3000 max limit... but we had an honest-to-God Southerner in last night from Little Rock, AR (who knew the old Grand like the back of his hand, it seems) land in one of my sections with a $250k line and every intention of blowing it. It was damn nice to see someone "pumping" money back into my economy like he was with such gusto and good will. I convinced the bosses to give him a special $10k max limit and he played out on the main floor rather than the high limit room... so people could see him playing and see him winning... and sure enough, his table filled up and the tables around him were jamming too. I was out by 8, though... so I didn't get to see the final toke collect, but I'd bet they had a good night.

Got home to hang with Super Jon, Becki, Cramey and Michelle, Jen and all the kids (and I mean ALL of them) for the big moment. We had shrimp, ribs, stuffed clams, pizza, fried dumplings, and a really great spinach dip with rye bread that Liz makes so well. I was frigging STUFFED.

I work the rest of the week (how did Jambo get that lucky?)... but I'll check back.

No comments: