Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A point of order...

Ryan and I don't really talk much on the phone... not sure why, but we don't. When we do have those rare calls, it almost never fails that we argue about something political... even though 90% of our views are the same. That last 10% must be some touchy stuff, huh?

My point is that Liz commented to me upon hearing about out "discussion" yesterday... and said I am not fair to Ryan. I asked why, and she said I get myself into a corner in one of these arguments and then hurl insults at Ryan about his religion, or his personal grooming habits (which are, I admit, hilarious in my eyes).

I don't actually do this, do I? Barbs, jokes and hyperbole aside, I'm not slandering you when we meet or talk, am I? I don't think I made one comment yesterday that could be construed as even remotely "personal" during our whole talk... even with all the yelling that was done (on both parts, by the way).

Personally, I think all the "girls" here in NEPA look at Ryan like the cute "little brother" that turns all the girls heads at slumber parties... he made quite an impression when he was here for the wedding in '08... and anytime I make angry or disparaging remarks about Ryan's opinions or views, they ALL (and I do mean ALL) gather to his immediate defense.

If I do do this... tell me and I will never do it again. I just don't think I do it, that's all...

No comments: