Sunday, January 23, 2011

Man...

Ryan's pushy... three texts, all wondering why I haven't posted about Spartacus.

Anyway, I'm sorry I got tied up. My commute to work is two hours a day, and there is just as much work to do here at the house when I'm not at work as ever. Makes for busy days, sometimes.

I had heard about Whitfield's cancer return. Truly sad... the man is a fantastic actor and a genuinely good man (coming from the Hollywood scene, that's saying something)... and I too hope he makes a full recovery, not just because of this series. He did a couple of other really good shows, and if you get a chance, watch Gabriel, where Andy plays the Archangel of the same name who has to battle against other "fallen" angels in a plane where they can actually die. It might not be theologically accurate when it comes to angels... but it is a damn good show, and Whitfield makes the whole thing.

It goes without saying that I am looking forward to watching the new episode... but I'm not sure when I'll get to see it. Before the next one airs, I'm sure... but it's tough to try and sneak the show with an 8-year-old in the room, as I'm sure Ryan's last show reference makes pretty clear. Jacob is a little to prone to picking up on that kind of language, and I'd hate to hear that he used a rough reference to some portion of Jove's anatomy while riding on the bus.

No comments: