Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fillin' Station = Adventures

And was right next to Upstairs/Downstairs.

Can't say I was as big a fan/as nostalgic as Titus... Back in the day the Fillin' Station had decent food, but without exception every time I went there someone was in a brawl and cops were involved. Not the post work sanctuary I need. The same thing happened to Famous Joe's... Turned into a kids joint with Friday Night Fights and Xstacy sales... I remember going there after work with Bund Friend Jeff Rouse, watching the combat on the other side of the bar drift our way, with Jeff slowly looking at me saying, "I would HATE to have to kill one of these punks but I will if they come over here." They didn't. I still laugh about it. If you know Jeff in his classic Sam Elliot delivery, you'll laugh too.

Nope. Give me the Project. I'm fine. :-) Speaking of which, Baddboy, holler Thursday or sometime next week, we can grab lunch there or maybe a bite after you get off work!

1 comment:

Titus said...

That's right... and so is your analysis. I do recall a rather bracing brawl at Joe's that involved Dosey squaring off with a teenager or two.

I still tell people here about the food at the Project... great sandwiches, cheap drinks, and free popcorn. No bands, no loud music, no little kids flexing muscles. A good hang out, no doubt.