Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I had the answer all along!

If I had a nickle for every time one of us asked, "Why would anyone BUY into this crap?" when looking at the "liberal" agenda, I wouldn't need to iron my shirt and go in tonight.

I won't add on to Ryan's analogy concerning liberal doctrine. Ironically enough, in his movie "An American President," Rob Reiner echoes nearly the same mentality in discussing "conservative" ideology. "They will tell you what to be afraid of, and who to blame," I believe is as close to the actual quote as I can get. Funny how this runs in cycles.

But here is the core of the ATTRACTIVENESS of the "liberal"
message. No one needs to DO anything! There IS NO personal responsibility. The government will take care of everything for you, from health care to retirement to employment to the environment. What was I THINKING?

So all I have to do is go into the voter's booth, crank the blue lever and call it a day. MAN! It sure does save this whole introspection, thinking, research, free will, individual liberty thing... That's work. That's effort. Can't have that now, can we.

And, in an absolute shameless plug, were someone to pick up some obscure, difficult to find, outrageously expensive novel titled "About Half," flip to chapter 31... I had this damned answer ten years ago!

No comments: