Sunday, January 2, 2011

What more motivation does one need?

I get all that you said, Ryan, and I did not mean for my post to come across as saying the oil companies were gouging the American population. And rereading my post, its exactly what my post sounded like, BP, Shell, Exxon, all carving the ass off of John Q.

Wouldn't the construction of coal to gas refineries be the MOST green thing this nation could do? If we utilized the billions of tons of coal our nation has for something other than electrical production while at the same time reducing our need to drill in "sensitive" areas, where's the harm? Isn't this a win-win?

And can anyone name something more national security focused than an American refinery refining American coal produced by American miners in refineries employed by Americans? Can't see much of a down side there.

Who is putting the brakes on that kind of development?

No comments: