Monday, March 10, 2008

Clinton comes to Scranton

Ryan meets Bill... and I get to see Hillary.

Yes, Hillary Clinton comes to the Electric City to stump up a storm. And if what I saw as far as reactions counts for anything (mind you, it was televised live... I wasn't actually at the event), Hillary has a good chance of winning PA on April 22.

She finally seems to have learned that she should find out what the issues are for the specific region she is visiting, THEN talk to the crowd like she's a local. Funny thing is... she almost IS a local. Her father was born here, and the Rodham family still maintains a very nice lake house about 4 miles from my back door. That's right, I'm damn near a neighbor of the Lake Winola, PA clan of Rodhams, where Bill and Hillary have visited twice (once as the First Family) for Rodham-family events.

You should have heard the crowd react to Hillary ripping on "No Child Left Behind"... I thought the break-room was going to get as loud as the auditorium she was speaking in! People actually stood up and APPLAUDED her speech! I was shocked that she had that effect, especially since Rendell has been so unpopular lately here. Imagine the break-rooms reaction when the speech was over and a local commentator suggested that Rendell was on a short-list as a potential running-mate for Clinton! Sheesh...

Still, she's got clout here in the Wyoming Valley of NEPA. Too many colleges here, that's what I think. I wonder if McCain will come...

1 comment:

F. Ryan said...

She's the anti-Christ, period.